Monday, February 16, 2015

Chapter 2 of REVIVAL by M.K. Gilher - The elevator scene (M/F Romance)

MKG posted Ch. 2 of REVIVAL on Koobug. The elevator scene is so hot. I think this is what one reviewer referred to as "One of the most erotic moments I have read in a book."
Ivy is so restrained here. I would have totally been bumpin and grindin up on that fine man. Although, she didn't know he wasn't an ogre.

Warning: This sample contains some profanity and sexual terms not suitable for children under 18.

I push through the revolving glass doors and enter the impressive high-rise Jackson Building. Sleek steel fixtures combined with white accent furniture really do tell a person the rent is high. Uncle Bernie knew his clientele would need the assurance of money and power, and as far as I was concerned, this lobby did just that. I scan my badge with security and head in the direction of the multiple, chrome-plated elevators.

When the elevator arrives, I use proper etiquette and shuffle toward the back. I maneuver my way as close to the rear of the elevator as I can, trying not to disturb the row of people already there. I swivel around toward the front and watch the last few people bobble in like eager sardines.

The elevator doors shut and the up arrow turns green as a ping penetrates the awkward silence of our enclosure. I feel a moment of weightlessness as the floor lurches upward. A smile creeps across my face as "Motivation" by Kelly Rowland shuffles over. Thank god no one can hear my music right now, because it's a dirty little song and I love every minute of it.

I look down at my phone to check the time. Jeez, this elevator. Come on, come on… I should've taken the stairs for some exercise. But instead, I'm stuck in the back of this slow moving elevator. Smart thinking, moron. You're going to be late.

I look down between my feet and notice a sleek pair of men's black Italian leather shoes behind me. Wow. Those are some nice shoes. Maybe a size 13? Size 14? My mouth waters as I remember what they say about men with big feet. Oh, you need to get laid, Summers.

The stranger's presence oozes affluence, power, and arrogance, just from wearing those thick-stitched leather shoes. Get it together, Summers. You've only seen his shoes. You're totally losing it.

Maybe I should turn around? But once I see him, I may turn into a giant puddle of horny goo. For all I know, he could look like a hobbit or an ogre or some other disturbing imaginary creature from a land far, far away.

As I muster up the guts to turn around, the doors slide open and more passengers enter the elevator. I can't believe how many people are trying to jam into this elevator just to avoid a little exercise. Well, I guess I did too, but that's not the point.

I'm feeling claustrophobic. I wish I could just yell, Get off this elevator and take the dang stairs, people! Since I can't, because it'd be rude, I close my eyes and picture a beach with loud crashing waves. I breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth. A little better. And again. Okay, much better.

I open my eyes just as the last couple of people turn to their sides and scuffle their way onto the elevator. The ripple effect forces me backward, pushing my bottom right into the Italian-shoed stranger.

Well, this is a great first day back, Summers. You're gonna be late, have a panic attack, and rub yourself up against a stranger with gorgeous shoes. Perfect. There should definitely be laws preventing me from leaving my apartment on certain days.

I hear a weird creaking noise and the lights flicker. I'm jostled about before the elevator jerks to a halt in mid-flight and the lights go out. My fellow elevator patrons gasp and grumble. Random lights appear as people pull out their cellphones. In the commotion of the crowded elevator, I'm heaved back onto my Italian-shoed stranger even more. I feel strong hands wrap around my hips. I'm so close I can feel his chest rising and falling on my back.

Oh. Sweet. Jesus.

I can't fucking breathe. I can't fucking breathe.

His breath is steady and calm on my neck, almost as if he's enjoying watching me struggle for my self-control. The cat pinning the mouse down by the tail as the mouse struggles to get away.


Read more of this chapter here http://koobug.com/mkgilher?p2587
Or download a sample from one of these sites:
Amazon http://goo.gl/att3tk
Smashwords http://goo.gl/pLGKRX
ARe http://goo.gl/J8iN3z (Excerpt also posted on ARe)

No comments:

Post a Comment