Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Top 20 Books that Influenced My Life

My Top 5 rocked my world m/m books;
1. Cut n Run series by Abigail Roux
2. Glitterland by Alexis Hall (impossibly making depression beautiful)
3. Special Forces and Dark Soul by Alexander Voinov
4. Finding Eden by Kele Moon (my first brave foray into m/m/f)
5. Death of a Pirate King Josh Lanyon (my Dad's story)

My Top 5 Non-fiction (really these books are my surrogate parents and are dog-eared and memorized)
1. Your Money or Your Life by J. Dominguez (expense logs and gazingus pins)
2. Feeling Good by Richard Burns (positive self-talk)
3. Setting Limits with the Strong Willed Child by R. MacKenzie and 1,2,3 Magic: Effective Discipline by T. Phelan (children do come with instructions)
4. Finding the Love of Your Life by Neil Clark Warren (about compatibility)
5. Living, Loving, Learning by Leo Buscaglia (defining love)

And my Top 10 M/F are hiding down here. Hopefully only friendly fire ventures this far.
1. Twilight Series by Stephenie Myer (just as famous for it's haters, but it changed my life)
2. Fifty Shades of Gray E.L. James (haters gonna hate but I'm just gonna shake it off. My husband ain't complainin')
3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (I was like 11, way too young to read this, but the spark was ignited.)
4. Law Man by Kristen Ashley (self-image and trailer-trash twins)
5. Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning (my first m/m taste with the Trey/Brian kiss)
6. Danielle Steel can't remember the title, but this book flamed the fire. I was lost to romance.
7. If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon (first suspense)
8. Incubus by Ray Russell (again way too young; learned about sex from a demon)
9. The Sensuous Woman by J (girls gotta learn how to give good head)
10. East of Eden by John Steinbeck (California native)

God, this was so emotional. It's like writing the story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment